About Me



My Secret Cafe...
is a place where I share the things that make me smile, things that inspire me, are useful to know or are just simply beautiful and amazingly brilliant or stylish.

I love discovering new things and talking about them. It might be a new fashion or beauty product, a must-have plant for my secret garden, or healthy food ideas that are simple, tasty and good. It could be a stunning new photo, piece of art or decor or really anything that gets me excited enough to share with others, who knows!!

I hope you stop by again and enjoy discovering some of my secrets too!

Jayne




Tuesday 17 May 2011

Starting School...Precious Days





I came across this image of my daughter on her first day at school. She looks so excited and carefree. She is now in Year 3 and still loves school which is great and enjoys learning and achieving. Only today she proudly announced over dinner, "Mummy, Daddy I got into 'Gold' today!" 


I hope that doesn't change when she gets to high school or secondary as it is more often known in the UK. In my job, secondary education, I watch our new Year 7's as they start every September and the change in them by the 3rd term is quite something (some even after a term). They come in so eager to learn and experience secondary education but somewhere on the way so many get distracted by outside influences and lose their way...I digress, this a topic for another day. I think it's important to remember just how quickly our children grow up these days and enjoy those precious years when things are innocent and uncomplicated and hormones haven't kicked in!!

Have you any favourite memories of school or education you could share?

No comments:

Post a Comment